The Acuity InFormative Assessment solution helps you deliver better, more informed teaching in English language arts, math, and science with a complete, integrated assessment system—assessments, reports, instructional resources, and customization opportunities that are aligned to your state standards. With Acuity, you receive support for interim and benchmark assessments and a process of formative assessment that is easily administered during a single class period to help guide and monitor everyday classroom instruction.
Visit the CTB SmartCenters:
Subject Areas and Grades
- English language arts, math, science for Grades 3–8
- Interim and benchmark
- Support for formative assessment process
- Student response devices
- Paper and pencil
- Combination of formats
- Three predictive assessments in English language arts and math
- Four diagnostic assessments in English language arts and math
- One early indicator and one predictive assessment in science
- Custom assessments and performance assessment builder
Thank you for your patience.
Acuity goes beyond traditional tests to help you actively diagnose student understanding, measure performance, inform instruction, focus instructional time—and drive achievement. Acuity informs instruction by outlining exactly where to concentrate teaching efforts, and provides the teaching tools that will help improve performance.
Acuity state-aligned assessment solutions for English language arts, math, and science enable you to:
- Diagnose student strengths and areas for additional instruction
- Predict student performance on your state accountability exams
- Focus instruction on the concepts that need reinforcement—in time to make a difference
The trusted Acuity solution now gives you a complete perspective on student achievement—an eye on performance relative to your state standards for Grades 3–8 and a view into the future with comprehensive alignment to the CCSS. For elementary and middle school students, helpful toggle features allow you to seamlessly alternate between these two important perspectives of achievement.
Acuity pinpoints areas where your students are struggling and delivers helpful resources for extra practice and intervention.
Acuity is aligned to your state standards in English language arts, math, and science and offers the following assessment types to help you improve student achievement:
- Three pre-built predictive assessments that forecast how your students will perform on your state accountability exam in English language arts and math
- Four pre-built diagnostic assessments that allow teachers to focus instruction on important standards in English language arts and math
- One early indicator assessment and one predictive assessment, available in each of the summative testing grades for Science for Grades 3–5 and 6–8
- Custom assessment opportunities, featuring an item bank of more than 20,000 state-aligned items and item authoring tools that help you develop selected- and constructed-response items aligned to important curriculum and district pacing guides
Strong foundations in research bring you:
- Assessment items conceived through a rigorous development and review process
- Confidence that assessments are meticulously constructed by assessment and content experts, followed by an analysis for bias and fairness, and an evaluation to ensure reliable inferences can be drawn from the item about student strengths and instructional needs. Numerous item reviews, specific to state content standards, ensure accurate skill assessment and measurement relative to state standards.
Acuity Reports, available online and in printable PDF formats, provide instructional direction in clear, easy-to-understand formats that can be viewed at the student, class, school, district, or multi-district areas and filtered by demographic categories. Student and class level reports are available within minutes of completing assessments.
Acuity Student Reports:
Acuity Student Reports present a library of information that can be rapidly accessed for each student. Reports are designed to help you quickly understand student strengths and areas for additional instruction relative to your state-specific standards. Drill downs help you easily cross-reference and mine data and construct a personal learning journey for every student.
Acuity Student Reports include:
Student Assessment Report, Student Performance Assessment Report, Student Item Analysis Report, Student Longitudinal Report, Student Portfolio Report, Student Progress Report, Student Summary Report, Instructional Resource Report by student
Acuity Class Reports:
Understanding class strengths and areas of difficulty helps you develop your teaching around common student misconceptions and provide targeted, differentiated instruction. Acuity Class Reports are a roadmap for where to spend your time reinforcing concepts and give you resources to develop and deliver small-group and whole-class teaching. Report drill downs give you a complete picture of student performance linking aggregate class data to individual student performance results.
Acuity Class Reports include:
Class Assessment Report, Class Performance Assessment Report, Classroom Matrix Report, Class Item Analysis Report, Class Roster Report, Class Summary Report
Acuity School Reports:
While teachers are working to promote learning in their classrooms, you’re analyzing where to apply resources at the school level. Acuity School Reports give you a clear picture of student performance throughout your school with information presented to help you support teachers, principals, coaches, intervention specialists, and professional development staff.
Acuity School Reports include:
School Assessment Report, School Performance Assessment Report, School AYP Report, School Item Analysis Report, School Roster Report, School Summary Report
Acuity District Reports:
District administrators and leaders need a comprehensive view of student achievement – with aggregate views of student performance and data drill downs provided down to the individual student level. Acuity District Reports help support meaningful decision making that translates to improved achievement across students, classrooms, schools.
Acuity District Reports include:
District Assessment Report, District AYP Report, District Item Analysis Report, District Roster Report, District Summary Report, District AYP Summary Report, Predictive District Summary Roster Report
Acuity Batch Reports include:
Student Item Analysis Report by class, Student Item Analysis Report by school, Class Item Analysis Reports by school, Student Portfolio Reports by class, Student Portfolio Reports by school, Student Progress Reports by class, Student Progress Reports by school, Class Roster Reports by grade
Explore sample reports by choosing your audience from the pull-down menu below.
|Student Diagnostic Report|
Explore sample reports by choosing your audience from the pull-down menu below.Choose audience:
Acuity for English language arts and math helps you deliver instruction that is tailored to student needs. You can automatically assign individual or class instruction directly from the assessment reports and monitor progress on an ongoing basis. Instructional resources are aligned with your current state standards.
Throughout instructional resources, students receive instant corrective feedback, which allows them to adjust their thinking and actively participate in the assessment process. Instructional resources can be assigned to students online or they can be printed and assigned for work at home.
Instructional resources are designed to:
- Engage students with interactive practice activities
- Improve student achievement in key areas
- Help your teachers intervene in time to make a difference
While students are working, responses are captured and viewable by educators on helpful reports. In this way you can evaluate if students are mastering a concept. Additionally, rapid scoring allows educators to determine whether students completed the assigned activity.
Acuity delivers robust support for the creation of custom, state-specific assessments.
Acuity includes a state-correlated item bank of more than 20,000 items aligned to your state standards for English language arts, math, and science. You can create and share assessments with other educators in your school or district.
Acuity Item Banks:
Include items for English language arts, math, and science for Grades 3–8 aligned to your state standards that:
- Allow you to create your own custom assessments by selecting items and length of assessment
- Provide intervention opportunities
- Select items by skill, objective, strand, content area, and/or depth of knowledge
- Enable you to target specific small-group or individual student instructional needs
Acuity Item Authoring supports item writing so you can develop your own custom assessments aligned to your state standards or district curriculum guides. Once you create your custom items, you can share them within your district.
Acuity Item Authoring also delivers a permission-based tool for efficiently producing, managing, and organizing item authoring initiatives.
Acuity now also features a performance assessment and rubric builder to bring a complete package of balanced assessment components to your classroom. Now you can create extended activities that align to multiple subjects, grades, and standards. You can also create your own rubrics, or use ones that have already been created, to assess criteria with as much descriptive detail as you choose to include.
Acuity Assessments can be delivered in the following formats:
- Student response devices
- Paper and pencil
- Any combination of the above formats (results aggregated)
Student Response Devices
Acuity UnWired seamlessly integrates with best-in-class student response technology from eInstruction, Promethean, Qwizdom, SMART, and Turning Technologies.
Student response devices allow teachers to:
- View real-time results to make rapid, critical instructional decisions
- Generate standards-aligned Acuity Reports within minutes that can be shared at the class, school, district, or multi-district levels as needed
- Identify student learning needs in real-time by identifying incorrect and correct responses immediately as students reply to the test questions
- Eliminate the need to print, barcode, distribute, collect, and scan answer sheets
- Deliver assessments with minimal preparation and no computer lab time required
- Engage students in the assessment process with inspiring and motivating technology
As an online solution, all Acuity Assessments can be administered via the Web—in the school or at home. Results from assessments completed online are rapidly available on student and classroom reports.
School and district level reports are also available to help you quickly make informed decisions about curriculum and instruction.
Paper and Pencil
Acuity is designed to fit into the workflow of today’s high school classrooms—saving you time and helping you teach appropriate content targeted to individual student needs.
With the paper-and-pencil test administration method, you can obtain Acuity Reports easily after scanning assessment answer sheets into the system. You simply print the test booklets and image-based scannable answer sheets locally and scan directly into Acuity. Or, if you prefer, you can choose CTB scoring services. You can also send completed answer sheets to CTB and generate reports locally from Acuity.
Acuity supports both Optical Mark Read (OMR) and image-based scanning and includes the scan programs. If you are using image-based scanners, you can print your own answer sheets. If you are using OMR scanners, OMR answer sheets are available from CTB.
Implementation, training, and support are available online or at your location to quickly get you started improving student achievement.
CTB/McGraw-Hill services and support help you deliver on the promise of improved student achievement.
Acuity includes a comprehensive online community, dedicated implementation support, professional development, and customer service.
Robust Acuity support helps your educators and students reach success.
Successfully implementing and managing an assessment solution requires a multi-faceted approach to program support, with help available at the classroom, school, and district levels.
Acuity ensures a successful integration into existing instruction with:
- Comprehensive implementation programs—from initial planning through assessment delivery
- Professional development workshops—delivered on site or online—to ensure you get the most out of Acuity
- Acuity Community to share ideas, discuss assessment strategies, and learn from colleagues nationwide
- White papers and case studies related to the formative assessment process
- Online help and instructional video tutorials that guide you through using key Acuity features and functionality
- Educator self-service website that gives around-the-clock access to a valuable and informative knowledgebase
- Information regarding new product enhancements and other timely news
- Free ongoing customer service and technical support
For more information about Acuity and customer support options designed to help you improve student achievement, please call 800.538.9547.
Acuity State-Aligned Solutions for Grades 3-8 Resources
Acuity Product Tour
The Acuity InFormative Assessment solution helps you diagnose, predict, report, communicate, and provide
individual instruction—all in one powerful and award-winning solution. Now Acuity delivers innovative resources for Grades K–12 that support your gradual and effective transition to teaching and learning relative to the Common Core State Standards.